punkbuster

:: Tech Room :: Tech Room

View previous topic View next topic Go down

punkbuster

Post  Guest on Mon 03 Sep 2007, 8:36 am

If you are getting puinkbuster handshake failure follow advice below:

08.26.2007 13:42:17] New Connection (slot #6) 70.247.84.54:14300 [a80dce4774d366c8afb788f1ded550a3] "=S= BigNasty84" (seq 3817270)
[08.26.2007 13:42:22] RESTRICTION: =S= BigNasty84 (slot #6) [a80dce4774d366c8afb788f1ded550a3(-) 70.247.84.54:14300] Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe handshaking failed

Go inter services on your windows and restart the punkBustrB

Or restart your Computer.

If that doesn't work, goto Evenbalance and download the update

# Stick it in the PB folder where you have installed bf2
# Then run the program go to add game then find the correct directory
# Run the updates
# Set a firewall allowence for programs for the 2 programs in the folder, they will have blank white icons and be .exe files ( names will be like PNKBSTA.exe & PUNKBSTR.exe, im not sure on the exact names because im on my laptop at the moment and cant check )

After that click them both, restart your pc, check your processers under task manager and make sure the 2 .exe's appear their then start bf2 as normal.

anyway follow what iv put and it will work, thats exactly what i done to fix the problem and its worked for alot of other people.

also if your running zone alarm,TURN IT OFF. also make sure your running as administrator on xp

Back to top Go down

Re: punkbuster

Post  =BF2G= Ultimitmaleuk on Mon 03 Sep 2007, 6:35 pm

thanks for the tips Gunhed..... Any word on Xfire commin up with a better upate? since they did their update along side Punbuster at the same time we cant koin thru Xfire in BF2 Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Operating System:
Asus M5A78L-M USB3
AMD FX 8350 Eight Core CPU (turbo 4.2Ghz)
OCZ VERTEX 4 SSD 128gig
2 X 500gb Samsung Sata II Hard Drive
16gb DDR3 1600mhz Memory
Nvidia GTX 760 4gb
Panasonic 32" LED
24x SAMSUNG Dual Layer DVD Writer
6 x USB 2.0 / 2 x USB 3.0
Technics 7.1 x 100w Amp
Logitech G19 Keyboard
R.A.T. 3 Optical Mouse
=BF2G= Ultimitmaleuk
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 505
Games Installed : (BF1942, DC),( BF2,SF,EF,AF), BF Bad Company 2, BF3, BF4
Registration date : 2007-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue 04 Sep 2007, 8:18 am

as far as i know they are aware of said problem and working on an update to solve it

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue 04 Sep 2007, 8:48 am

ok this problem has been fixed, check out the link below:

http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=141851

If you are still getting this issue, then the problem lies with your computer/setup!!!!!!!!!!
you have either:
1/ not got your admin rights on your account in xp/vista
2/ a gay firewall(which on a single machine you should never ever do. disable or better still uninstall said firewall). if you have a router it has a hardware firewall built into it so no need for another firewall
3/ you have modified files on bf2 and breaching cvr ranges
4/ you have installed nortons!!!!!!!!!!!!!! uninstall this straight away!!!!!!!
5/ are using zone alarm
6/ or experiencing packet loss( which has nothing to do with either xfire or pb)

Back to top Go down

Post  =BF2G= Ultimitmaleuk on Tue 04 Sep 2007, 9:08 am

1: Admin rites were allready done before and rechecked after those pb and xfire updates, all worked fine before!
2: I agree with NOT installing crap firewalls!
3: Only Gen files in BF here, no pisshy mods here, i learnt my lesson a couple of years ago, modified content message realy hurts when you try to join a game Sad Sad Sad
4: Wont even go there reference Norton Evil or Very Mad (its shite!)
5: Zone alarm not here in my PC!
6: The packet loss, well as i have said, and im sure the other guys are in the same boat, all was fine untill both PB and XFIRE did their updates Evil or Very Mad

Operating System:
Asus M5A78L-M USB3
AMD FX 8350 Eight Core CPU (turbo 4.2Ghz)
OCZ VERTEX 4 SSD 128gig
2 X 500gb Samsung Sata II Hard Drive
16gb DDR3 1600mhz Memory
Nvidia GTX 760 4gb
Panasonic 32" LED
24x SAMSUNG Dual Layer DVD Writer
6 x USB 2.0 / 2 x USB 3.0
Technics 7.1 x 100w Amp
Logitech G19 Keyboard
R.A.T. 3 Optical Mouse
=BF2G= Ultimitmaleuk
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 505
Games Installed : (BF1942, DC),( BF2,SF,EF,AF), BF Bad Company 2, BF3, BF4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue 04 Sep 2007, 1:34 pm

ok

3/ when i said modified files i was refering to modified pb files, not mod files. the files are called cvr files and if they are outwith a specified number range then you will be kicked from pb. open console to see if you are getting cvar related kicks.

4/ packet loss is a tricky thing to sort but wireless networks are notorious for it. also packet loss will result with an incorrectly configured router. Also if your pc and router are 30 ft(15m) or more away from your main junction box then you will experience random disconnects and kicks by pb. PB also has to have certain windows services to run properly now, if you dont have these services running then it will be kick central for you. See pb faq for more info on this

start bf2, join game and open console when in game. take a note of any warning messages pb issues and post them here. PB will ALWAYS tell you why its kicking you.

Back to top Go down

Post  =BF2G= Coolg8 on Tue 04 Sep 2007, 8:29 pm

Got this message from Punkbuster:

09/04/2007 02:32:43 - "Hendrik Thole"
Note #2: If you are being kicked for a "Communication Failure" it is likely that something on your computer is preventing the PnkBstr services from communicating with each other.

A common cause for this is a security or anti-virus program. McAfee and other popular security/firewall programs need to be told to allow the PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB services to run without restriction. Until you locate and remove the restrictions on PnkBstrA and B, you will continue to be kicked for this.

If you've never manually installed the PunkBuster services, you might want to try that as well. Download the service installer from http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe and run it. You might also want to reinstall the services using this tool.

Please make sure that both PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe services are set to start automatically every time your computer starts. Go to: Start menu, Settings, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services and change PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB to start automatically.

So I found that PnkBstrB.exe isnt in autostart. But how do I get it in there?
=BF2G= Coolg8
=BF2G= Member
=BF2G= Member

Male
Number of posts : 324
Games Installed : Yes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed 05 Sep 2007, 3:27 pm

yes follow instructions above at begining of post, that should do it. making sure you have admin rights on xp and that you have no firewalls running.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top